Monday, January 18, 2010

The Kid From Brooklyn 1946

...just started it. It features one of my faves....Danny Kaye

More on it tomorrow...hopefully!

Ok...I will start out by saying...
I was so disappointed in this movie!

I LOVE Danny Kaye and up until this point I have LOVED everything that he has done. But this movie did not make my list.

Let me recap why...

In the beginning of the movie all was well. Things were going along at a 'cute' pace. But I did feel that things were a little boring. I enjoyed the tap dancing of Vera-Ellen (The YOUNGER 'sister' from White Christmas), of course, but the rest was rather dull.

I don't know if it was because I was so tired coming into this movie or what, but I really didn't enjoy too much of this movie.

When Danny Kaye FINALLY had one of his award winning song and dance numbers it was overshadowed by the distaste I felt for his character. I wasn't able to enjoy his fast feet, clean whit and lightening fast tongue because I was so disappointed by the motives of his character.

It ended cute, somewhat abruptly, but cute. It was an alright movie overall and I would probably still recommend it...but it certainly doesn't top my list of "Movies That I Love To Love"

No comments:

Post a Comment