Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ball of Fire 1941

Gary Cooper and Barbara Stanwyck just captured my heart for the last hour and 51 min. What a classic, unexpected, triumph of a movie.

Gary Cooper stole the show with his naive and pure outlook on life and work. He was absolutely a breath of fresh air.

I enjoyed this film immensely. I especially liked the end scene with the Chinese Torture in the garbage truck!!

The story is about 8 scholarly gentlemen who are 9 years into an encyclopedia writing project. Each one an expert in his own field. Each one a bachelor minus one who is a widower for the last 20+ years. Living together in an estate, being cared for by a germ conscientious old maid, they encounter a moll of the mob who changes their lives forever!

Trust me on this one. If you like a good laugh, scholars, gangsters and love you will surely love this movie just as much as I did.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I watched it earlier in the year! TCM is one of my favorite channels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too!! I watch movies on Hulu.com. I don't have TV and Tim works nights. So, I watch movies nearly every night after the kids are down. :)

    ReplyDelete